What is Personal Information?
Personal information is information about an identifiable individual. This includes records, which we keep about your product and service subscriptions and usage. Information that is publicly available (public directory listing of your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address) is not considered personal information.
Why do we Collect Personal Information?
- To establish and maintain your customer account file
- To understand your needs and preferences and recommend suitable services and products
- To manage and develop our business operations for efficiency and future growth
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
1. Accountability: Brooke Telecom is responsible for all personal information under its control, including any personal information that is transferred to a third party for processing, storage or other purposes. Our employees are accountable for compliance with these privacy and security principles.
2. Identifying Purposes for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information: Brooke Telecom collects personal information only for the following purposes;
- To establish and maintain a responsible commercial relationship with you and to provide you with ongoing service
- To understand your needs for products and services which we provide
- To recommend particular products and services to meet your needs
- To develop, enhance, market or provide products and services
- To manage and develop our business
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements
3: Obtaining Consent for Collection, Use or Disclosure of Personal Information: In obtaining your consent, we will always use reasonable efforts to ensure that you are advised of the identified purposes for which any personal information collected will be used.
4. Limiting Collection of Personal Information: We will limit the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the identified purposes. This is information that is required to enable us to provide you with service. We may need to collect personal information from other sources including credit bureaus. We will always collect information by fair and lawful means.
5. Limiting the Use, Disclosure and Retention of Personal Information: Personal information will not be used or disclosed for purposes other than for which it was collected, except with your consent or as permitted or required by law. Your personal information will be retained only as long as it is necessary to fulfill those purposes.
6. Keeping Your Personal Information Accurate: Brooke Telecom makes every effort to ensure that personal information about its customers is as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. If you have any questions about the accuracy and completeness of the personal information that we have collected or retained or if you need to update some aspect of your personal information, please contact the business office directly.
7. Safeguarding Your Personal Information: Personal information will be protected by the security safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information. All of our employees with access to personal information are required as a condition of their employment to respect the confidentiality of personal information.
8. Openness Concerning our Privacy Policies: Brooke Telecom pursues a policy of openness about the procedures it uses to manage personal information. Specific information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information is available to customers upon written request.
9. Customer Access to Personal Information: Brooke Telecom informs its customers of the existence, use, and disclosure of their personal information upon request and provides access to that information. Our customers are able to challenge or correct the accuracy and completeness of their personal information and have it amended when appropriate. In certain exceptional circumstances, we may not be able to provide you with access to all the personal information we hold. Exceptions may include information that contains references to other individuals.
10. Challenging Compliance: A customer has the right to challenge our compliance with the above principles by contacting the privacy officer accountable for our compliance with the policy. Brooke Telecom maintains strict procedures for addressing and responding to all inquiries or complaints from its customers about its handling of personal information.
Questions or Concerns
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, we can be contacted at 519-844-2160. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above.